Saturday, August 06, 2005

Missed
a day, I did. Came home from the gym after work and found a gathering of people and a disconnected computer. My reading/music room was under construction still, so I just couldn't get to you, my fans, for an update.

I have a few more thoughts on tithing, but I don't want to sound bitter, cycnical, or just ticked off in general. So I will (just) let it go (,will ya').

I do have some really worthwhile and practical information for you. A long while back, my niece, Ellen, posted a blurb on her blog where she admitted that she was in posession of that most valuable secret: How to open a CD case in 10 seconds (or less). You know the stupid tape they put on the top to prevent in-store highjackers from stealing the disc right out of the case and making off with it. The only problem was that Ellen didn't share the secret, thus fomenting envy in her uncle. I need this info!!!

So when I went to Tower Records today to spend hard earned cash on some tunes, at the checkout counter I asked the guy with the spiked hair and spiked tongue to show me the trick.

He said, "Thure, mithter. Here'th how itth done". And in 5 seconds he had it open, tape ripped off, and put back together.

So when I got home I tried it myself. But, he had done it so quickly, I really didn't get the whole procedure. So I struggled a bit. It probably took me about 3 minutes to get it. The next one I tried, however, only 30 seconds. The last one - 10 seconds. What a scoop I got from my pal at Tower!

Ya wanna' know the secret? All you have to do is open the CD from the bottom - it's not sealed down there- and while you're opening it, you pry the little hinge tab out of its hole. Now, the only thing hinging or holding the whole case together is the annoying tape, which you will find comes apart really easily with the case opened up.

Try it, you'll like it.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your profile has had 96 views. You must have many disappointed fans.

Is it that far beyond your capabilities?

Bruce S said...

No. It just doesn't work. I am not going to spend any more time trying to upload inane stuff about what my favorite movie is.

Ellen said...

Sorry I didn't give you the trick earlier (writing out the directions didn't really go smoothly with the style I had going in that blog entry...) You could have emailed me for it - but i'm glad you found it out. Really, it's much easier to teach in person than via written out directions.

It really is quite impressive, isn't it, to the uninitiated?