Friday, March 03, 2006

You know I don't do
this very often. But here is an interview done by one WSCAL Seminarian (whom I don't know, really) of another Seminarian (whom I do know - an MIT grad who I respect quite a lot). I read it twice and find it helpful for someone trying to make sense out of how the church is supposed to relate to the culture, as inspired by an informed reading of the Bible.

If you are interested (or incensed) and want to read more, either for your own edification or to confirm your suspicion that I am not in Kansas anymore, go to this article, written by a WSCAL fellow. This links a very short write-up that is the first of about 5 articles that go into the topic more deeply than the linked interview above.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Without the bigger and fancier words, this discussion is basically about what was once known as "common grace", and the other half of the discussion was about what was characterized as "being 'in' the world, but not 'of' the world"

Bruce S said...

I am thinking this reply over. I do see your 'this is that' look at this topic to be helpful.