Tuesday, September 19, 2006

I decided to lock down
my transcriptions of the Christian Mind class I am taking. Email me if you want the password. I am generally making these available to family, friends and other WSCAL students.

Incidentally, my previous post was very nearly my last:
This is the exact date and supplier of the e-coli spinach. It was in our fridge waiting to go in one of our lunch salads. Deb heard a voice that shouted out: "Give this to him and collect the insurance!!" Hearing this she immediately knew it was the alluring voice of the devil and she tossed it in the garbage. I made her dig it out for this photo.

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

"Spinach Temptations" sounds like the work of the prince of darkness. Good call on that one.

I would think there would be some rules pertaining to the disposal of these infected spinach products. Wouldn't the city frown on just tossing it in the garbage? After all, it would still be floating around the ecosystem.

Maybe burning the whole mess would be best, but I imagine CA has laws about starting fires in your backyard. How about microwaving it for five minutes to kill anything and everything inside?

Anonymous said...

It's just e coli, which is, ahem, floating around the system all the time anyways...

Bruce S said...

Deb says that all the officials said was dispose of the bags. They apparently didn't care how.

Anonymous said...

Our pastor's wife, who is a devotee of bagged (and otherwise) baby spinach, was hospitalized in FL while visiting her daughter and family two weeks ago with an e coli-caused infection. That was before the scare was announced. Today they are taking all doctors' reports to their doctor here to see if perhaps her illness can be traced to the spinach culprits.

Anonymous said...

I used to buy bagged baby spinach and lettuce, but stopped cuzz I couldn't eat it fast enuf to avoid it spoiling. Now I go across the street to the BK and buy a grilled chicken salad, split it in half, eat one half the day I but it, and the other half the next day. No spoilage and quite inexpensive. I also buy Staufer's frozen spinach soufle, it is probably no threat but I threw it away anyway.

Anonymous said...

Couldn't you have dug it out? Is that some sort of anti feminist bent?