Monday, September 25, 2006

I am sitting in my
chair studying while listening to what is probably in my top three of favorite operas, Idomeneo, by Mozart. So, I take a quick break and cruise over to drudgereport.com and see a link to this article.

This more or less proves that I don't pay much attention to the libretto, which in this case is sung in Italian.

And on a completely different topic, I have a question for one of my readers who absolutely must know its answer. Is U2's Bono's name pronounced so as to rhyme with Sonny Bono, or more like bonnet or bon-fire or St. Bonaventure or I'll have one of those bon-bons, or bon-voyage or [shall I stop?]?

Chris Berman on Monday night football, introduced the halftime show which, he said, consisted of U2 and Bonno.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heavy! Good thing they canceled that production, or they would have had Christians rioting in the streets of not just Berlin! Head of Jesus on a chair, how dare they!

Ellen said...

Bono is not pronounced like Sonny Bono, but the other way. However, Berman was wrong to say "U2 and Bono" because Bono is a member of U2.

Anonymous said...

Better take off the headphones and quit listening to that infadel opera. You won't be able to hear the Muslims breaking down your door.

Anonymous said...

After reading the NY Times yesterday, I now "get" what you guys are talking about!! Better late than never.

Bruce S said...

There are three links up above that were inserted to give you the full context immediately.

Bruce S said...

There are three links up above that were inserted to give you the full context immediately.

Anonymous said...

I know--I just hadn't read them. Sorry. Besides, the Times prints all the news that's fit to print :) Supposedly.