Thursday, July 28, 2005

I was just trying to make a comment on my sister's blog and before I finished I had a blog. I remind myself of my dad so much sometimes, it scares me.

So now I have a blog. And I had to make up a name for the thing on the spot. Under great time pressure, "I-Need-Sheet-Music" is what I came up with. (Maybe if I had known I was gonna' have one of these, I might have come up with a name that made some sense).

It may not matter. If I don't pass out its birth announcement, this blog will never be read.

4 comments:

Ellen said...

You can always change the name later - Just go to "Settings" and it gives you a lot of options to play with.

ellen

Ellen said...

Glad you're blogging, by the way. Lots of folks have started because I originally did. What have I wrought?!?

Anonymous said...

I don't necessarily disagree with your suggestion, but if applied to the church should also be applied to many so called charities where most of the intake does not get used for benevolence.

Is this idea of yours an attempt to increase the federal coffers so we can pay for the administrations war spending. I don't think it will do it. Your kids are going to be the ones who will be doing that.

Bruce S said...

The whole idea needs work. But, in the end, it is probably unworkable. Although, I still don't see how the church gets away with it. What possible rationale can there be for the current policy? Why on earth is money given to Creflo Dollar or Joel Osteen tax deductible?

As for the notion that behind this idea is a desire to raise money for the war effort, whoever you are, you are no seer.

As noted in the brief article, I would like to see a transformation of the Church of Jesus Christ.